The Show

So on to the show, now before the show we had to interview Ben Atkinson, bit of a rush but it was the only time that he could fit in. Iona did the interview and we went in to the studio where I recorded it and made sure the content was good and relevant enough for the show. After the interview finished I quickly edited down as it was a little too long and we took it downstairs to prepare for the show. Unfortunately, as we was short on time, the interview didn’t fully save on to the memory stick properly so it couldn’t be used. This led to having to think of an alternative to fill the 5 minutes it took up. We didn’t really have to decide as we had to prepare so during the news of the show I had to tell the presenters over talkback to play a song in there instead, and to have an extended chat with the Americans. But anyway, the start of the show.

It started off running smoothly, during this just before the show started I kept making sure the presenters and my BA was comfortable and ready for the show. The introduction went great, was about 10 seconds off the time on the running which was fine and presenters and BA were doing a great job. Up to the first package, were I had time to talk to my presenters and through the technology advances and the wonderful people at Google, was updating the script and running order through Dropbox. We also had to update the script and say unfortunately due to a technical the interview won’t be featured. I wanted to be as clear as possible in how to deliver this, saying we did the interview, unfortunately technical faults don’t allow use it. Iona had a different idea on how to put this but as a Producer I felt it was my role to have the authority in how this should be delivered, which I believe is an important part of a producers job.

There was no real concern throughout, we did go out of time to the running a couple of times but thanks to talkback, I could frequently make the presenters aware of what was happening how they were getting on and if anything scripted has changed. The Americans helped a lot, as we explored a lot of different topics in which we compared culture to the U.S, it was great to get their opinion and point of view on the things we do here compared to the things we do here.